Music

I'M A GREAT FAN of folk rock music. Right now, Mumford & Sons' album Sigh No More is on constant repeat in my playlist. I personally believe that these guys have raised folk music back from the ashes (not that it is forgotten, just overlooked by the majority of people). Well, at least right now more and more people are finding out about folk music. I'm not musically talented, but I certainly appreciate good music.

M&S came out about two years ago (or at least that's when I found out about them), and ever since I first listened to The Cave, I am hooked to the band's sound. Check it out, and I believe you'll enjoy it as much as I do. I think the song is quite well-known by now so, I bet you must have heard it somewhere. One of the great qualities of the band is, they put a lot of heart into the lyrics of each of their songs. And IMO, that's where the soul of folk music truly lies. I appreciate the wonderful lyrics and altogether, the pure awesomeness of the band.

Another great folk artist that I'd recommend is Johnny Flynn. His songs are amazing, and the lyrics are stunningly beautiful (check out The Water by Flynn and Laura Marling). Barnacled Warship is my absolute favourite song from his second album, Been Listening. Other interesting tracks include Sweet William, The Water, Been Listening and Churlish May. Flynn's first album, A Larum is quite good too, but in my opinion Been Listening is better in terms of its production, lyrics and the overall theme. I'm not a music critic but these are my honest comments about the albums. I truly like his vocal style, I think it's absolutely brilliant.

Comments

Popular Posts