An ideal place

If it were up to me, I would have imagined living in a calm and peaceful countryside, with bushes and trees all around. I would have cherished the mountain air, the cool feel of breeze and smell of freshness. It's all perfect to me, better yet, I want to move to a town where nobody recognises me, where everyone acts politely to each other, where no one assumes anything about the other persona place where society is bound by friendship and strong familial attachments.

I want to be part of that community, living with these people who have known each other their whole lives, but are still welcoming towards a stranger whom they know nothing about, and act without too much fuss about it. A place where everybody respects each other, be concerned with each other's welfare but only when it is needed. What goes on behind closed doors, are for those who live behind those doors only. They make it no trouble to lecture other people about what's right and what's not, and leave them to their own device. Or vice, whatever it is. 

However, when things grow serious, it's only natural to look out for your family and friends, and they act like how a family should. Advice is given, with concern, and not because something or someone obliges them to. I have had enough of people constantly shoving stuff down my throat, giving me options as how to behave, and completely disregard myself as a human, affected by human conditions. What is greater than man itself, they say, should be our objective...but how could they disregard the fact that life itself is about man, and man living it, therefore if we aspire to achieve things greater than who we are, we should do it in complete awareness of who we are and what we should be. We should not forget our place, and be blinded instead by what we call 'greater aspirations'. 

Aspirations are dreams, and I wholeheartedly believe in the power of dreams, however dreams can also take on a different type. Rationalising that our moral beliefs are somehow more superior than other people's is one example of someone living in a 'dream'. 

A society with high moral conscience is the result of enlightenment. An enlightened society is one that is aware of the human conditions and sympathetic towards the plight of others. That is why a lot of enlightened people who are successful involve themselves in a lot of charity works, because they understand, 'instead of wondering where my money go, for instance, if I was walking down a street and a poor child beggar came to me and asked me for a pound, I would not hesitate to give him a pound, I should not wonder what he was going to do with that money but instead I understood he begged because he had to, and he needed to, whereas I could only justify that I could give him that, and not why I should give it.' Simple characterization but it is not so simple in the minds of some people. They distance themselves from the human conditions, that results in them being cold to others. In truth, they care for no one but themselves.

Comments

Popular Posts